Gutters are often the most overlooked part of your home, unless they become clogged or develop ice dams, and start crying for help.
Experts feel that preventive maintenance of the gutters is as important as that of any other system such as the HVAC system. It does not matter if you have aluminum guttering, half round guttering, copper guttering, or other type of guttering in your home. It is important to conduct periodic preventive maintenance of the gutters.
Proper Maintenance for Your Gutters
So rather than getting on to the ladders with handfuls of cleaning equipment, it is better to designate a professional guttering company for the task. The guttering company will ensure that the gutters are cleaned properly, and any defects are repaired in a timely and effective manner.
Here are some benefits that you can gain by getting a guttering company to do a periodic maintenance of your gutters:
- Extended life – Periodic maintenance of the guttering system will prolong the life of the gutters. Water stagnation and growth of mold can slowly damage the gutters, and you may have to spend a lot of money on replacing them.
- Prevents damage to the structure – As the gutters become clogged or damaged, they will not drain water properly, and this will pose severe danger to the adjoining structures.
- Saves wood fascia boards from damage – Clogged gutters do not allow water to drain properly and this leads to rotten wood fascia boards.
- Prevents premature sealant erosion – Water stagnation inside the gutters and growth of mold can erode the sealant and cause leakages. You might have to undertake major repairs to identify and block these leakages in the gutters.
- Prevents infestation by pests – Dirty and clogged gutters offer a safe haven to pests such as insects and small birds. These pests may cause damage to the gutters, property, and health of the residents.
A Preventive Maintenance Schedule
The ideal frequency of cleaning and preventive maintenance is based on several factors such as the age of the gutters, type of the gutters, whether or not you have installed gutter guards, amount of foliage around the gutters, and other factors. However, as a general rule, it is recommended that preventive maintenance should be carried out once every year.
Just in case you are looking for the right guttering company to take care of repair and maintenance of your gutters, you have landed at the right place. Just pick up your phone and call Scott-Lee Guttering Company at (314) 756-9440.
Photo credit: C x 2