Gutter cleaning is not a task that anyone enjoys. In fact, we try to put it off until the time it becomes unavoidable. Consider seven reasons to install gutter guards.
Thankfully, there are guttering companies that can take care of maintenance and cleaning of the gutters. However, if your gutters are prone to clogging, water retention, pest infestation, and other such problems then you should consider installing gutter guards. The gutter guards can keep all the debris, leaves, twigs, acorns, pine needles, and even your kid’s toys from obstructing the gutters. Installing gutter guards are even more important if the gutters need cleaning quite frequently and you cannot spare time and effort for it.
Simplify Your Life
Installing gutter guards would not totally eliminate the need for periodic maintenance by guttering professionals. The gutter guards cannot completely secure the gutters, and some amount of small debris does make its way into the gutters. However, it would certainly make your life simple, and would also prolong the life of your gutters. Here are some benefits that you can get by installing gutter guards:
• Gutter guards prevent debris from blocking the gutters. Blockades can restrict the flow of water, cause it to back up, and overflow into your house.
• Clogging of gutters does not let the water to completely drain out. Some amount of moisture stays in the gutters, and this leads to untimely rusting of the aluminium gutters. Gutter guards can help prevent this problem.
• Stagnant water in the gutters acts as a breeding ground for vermin and insects. They act as a safe haven for mosquitoes, cockroaches, mice, and spiders. These insects can create health problems, and may even wreak havoc to your property. Gutter guards safeguard your gutters from infestation.
• Dry debris such as leaves, twigs, or pieces of paper may cause a fire. By keeping all dry material away from your roof, gutter guards can prevent fire.
• Gutter guards not only prevent the vermin and insects to breed in your gutters, but they also keep bigger pests at bay. Quite often, birds, rats, bats, and possums make gutters their home, and start breeding there causing a lot of nuisance and dirt.
• A modern application of gutter guards is in rain water harvesting. It filters out contaminants and allows only clean water to go into the storage tanks.
• The biggest thing that gutter guards give you is peace of mind. You can stay assured that irrespective of the season and surrounding conditions, your gutters will be safe and secure.
The Hassles of Cleaning Gutters
If you also want to get rid of all the hassles of cleaning gutters every now and then, you should consider installing gutter guards. Not only will it save you of all the troubles, but will also extend the life of your gutters, and save adjoining structures from impending damage.
Call Scott-Lee Guttering Company at (314) 756-9440 now, and place your request for gutter guards installation.
Photo credit: rutlo