- Clogged or leaky gutters are one of the primary causes of basement leaks. Other concerns include the development of mold and other foundation problems. Standing water in gutter clogged or non-functioning gutter systems provide an ideal environment for mosquitoes and other insects to breed.
- Leaky gutters can damage the exterior of home as well. Rainwater cascading over the gutters can result in damage to fascia, soffit, wood framing, and outside walls. The damage can range from staining to complete rotting and or rusting of exterior building products.
- Water cascading over gutter systems can cause unsightly stains on driveways, walkways, decks, and patios.
- Topsoil is the main protection to the foundation of a home. Gutter systems direct rainwater away from the home to prevent erosion.
- Gutter systems protect plants, shrubs and landscaping. Standing water in flower beds can allow harmful fungi to develop and damage or kill valuable flowers and trees.
Don’t see the answer to your question here? Contact us at 314-756-9440 Today!