Gutters are an important structural component of a home, offering protection against rain damage.
A good gutter system helps prevent numerous problems that may affect the home. However, many homeowners fail to do enough research when purchasing and installing a new guttering system. They may also fail to recognize problems with the existing gutters and not replace the gutters before extensive damage has been done. The type of gutter system you choose for your home determines the cost as gutters are available in a myriad of materials. Some of the materials used in making gutters are aluminum, copper, and vinyl. Since these materials have their own advantages and disadvantages, homeowners should make sure they select the most suitable material for their home’s guttering system.
- Vinyl gutters are easy to install as these gutters are lightweight and the sections can be easily attached to each other.
- Vinyl gutters do not corrode or oxidize.
- They are inexpensive.
- Advisable for regions with a mild climate.
- Painting these gutters is not an easy task to do.
- Vinyl gutters have the tendency to become fragile and break after some time, particularly when they are subjected to extreme temperatures.
- Aluminum gutters are moderately easy to handle.
- Weather-resistant and can be used in regions with low temperatures.
- Easy to paint.
- Available as seamless gutters.
- While they may not be as strong compared to other gutters, the type of aluminum used for the gutter determines its strength.
Galvanized Steel Gutters
- Reasonably-priced when compared to similar steel products.
- Offers better durability than alumina.
- While it may oxidize after some time, proper maintenance can extend the life of galvanized steel gutters.
Stainless Steel Gutters
- Extra strong and hard-wearing.
- Maintains its glow after a period of time.
- More expensive compared to other types of gutters.
- Copper gutters offer an aesthetic value to the home.
- Exceptionally durable and practically unbreakable.
- The costliest type of gutter.
The best way to ensure that a suitable guttering system is installed in your home is to obtain quotes from a reliable St. Louis guttering company. Call Scott-Lee Guttering Company at (314) 756-9440. We will help guide you to the best gutters that will meet your home’s needs.