Anyone who is looking for aluminum gutters for their home is faced with two choices. They can either go for the good old sectional gutters or the modern seamless gutters.
The only difference between the two is that the sectional gutters are made of smaller sections joined together, while the seamless gutters are made of a single piece of aluminum and installed as one single piece. The only joints present in seamless gutters are around the areas that stretch around the corners. There are several advantages that seamless gutters have over sectional gutters.
Benefits of Seamless Gutters
- Less maintenance: Gutters with joints are usually prone to debris accumulation. Leaves, twigs, and other such things accumulate in the gutters and may clog them. There are other problems that accompany this debris. Quite often, pests and birds make their way into gutters, and weeds may also work their way into walls and adjoining structures. Seamless gutters are more firmly fixed, and hence, there are no chances of clogging and debris accumulation. This way, seamless gutters require much less cleaning and maintenance compared to the sectional gutters.
- No leakages: Seamless gutters have fasteners and joints only at the corners and downspouts. This streamlined construction minimizes leaks and requires much less maintenance. Due to the absence of joints and seals that can erode or gather debris, seamless gutters offer far better protection to the property.
- Wide variety: Seamless gutters are available in a wide variety of materials and colors to suit your requirements and preferences. From aluminum to copper and steel there are various materials in which seamless gutters are available. These gutters also come in various colors, and you can choose the one that goes best with the color of your property’s exterior. Seamless gutters also come with baked on enamel finish, which never requires painting. So, you are saved of this last hassle also.
- Made to measure: Seamless gutters are made to measure, and they fit your property perfectly well. It also requires professional installation. This ensures that the gutters serve you through years without requiring maintenance, and offer best possible protection to the structure.
- Better rate of return: You might have to spend a bigger amount on seamless gutters initially, but due to low maintenance and repair costs, they offer a much higher return and pay themselves back in very less time.
- Aesthetics: Seamless gutters look much better than sectional gutters with all the joints and fasteners. They protect the aesthetic appeal of the property.
Installing Seamless Gutters
Many people prefer sectional gutters, because they are easier to install and less expensive. On the other hand, to install seamless gutters you will require the services of a guttering company. However, seamless gutters can last years, without requiring much maintenance. So, if your gutters keep troubling you with leaks, clogging, freezing, and other problems, then you may consider replacing them with seamless gutters. Get in touch with Scott-Lee Guttering Company at (314) 756-9440 for a free consultation.
Photo credit: Pointnshoot