Gutter guards play an important role of keeping your home safe from water damage.
Gutter guards collect and direct rain water away from the walls and foundations, keeping the water from causing any damage to the home’s structure. So, it is important that the gutters remain clean and unclogged so that water can easily pass through them.
Routine Cleaning and Maintenance
Homeowners need to ensure that they do regular cleaning of the gutters and remove any leaves, twigs, dirt, and other debris from them. Depending on the vegetation and other conditions prevalent around the house, some gutters may require more frequent cleaning than others. It is always a good idea to designate a professional guttering company for routine cleanup and maintenance of your gutters.
Do Gutter Guards Really Help?
However, there is another better way of ensuring that your gutters stay safe of debris and blockage. Yes, we are talking about gutter guards. It is a common concern among homeowners whether gutter guards really help, or they are just an added expense. According to experts, gutter guards may not totally eliminate the need for cleaning and maintenance, but you certainly won’t need to do so as often as you do it now. There are various benefits that homeowners can expect by installing gutter guards. Here are just a few of them:
- Gutter guards keep your guttering system free from any kind of debris. It saves you the time and effort that you have to spend cleaning the gutters. Even if you delegate the task to a guttering company you end up spending money every now and then depending on how frequently your gutters need cleaning.
- Gutters prevent premature rusting of your gutters by keeping moisture laden debris from accumulating inside them. With gutter guards, your gutters will serve you for twice as long as they would otherwise.
- After installing gutter guards you will have to have your gutters cleaned only once in three to five years, and not twice every year as you do now.
- Gutter guards prevent blockages that cause your gutters to overflow during rainy season. Overflowing gutters can cause extensive damage to your property and can degrade its aesthetic value.
- Having gutter protection can enhance the value of your property, because buyers find it more cost efficient and effort saving.
- Gutters guards improve the flow of water from gutters and downspouts. This water can also be easily channeled into a rainwater tank.
- Quite often, gutters become a breeding ground for pests. Gutter guards prevent pest contamination of the gutters. It keeps rodents, birds, insects, and cockroaches from taking up residence in the gutters.
In short, gutter guards are a great investment and can help bring down repair and maintenance costs. They also save you a lot of time and effort. So, if you are planning to install gutter guards in your home, Scott-Lee Guttering Company at (314) 756-9440 and schedule an appointment. It is never too late to gift yourself some peace of mind.
Photo credit: en.wikipedia.org via Flickr