Will you be on a ladder cleaning your gutters this weekend? Installing gutter guards will keep your gutters clean and your two feet firmly on the ground.
Your home’s gutter system is an important part in keeping your house protected. Gutters that are not working properly can ruin your siding, roof, and foundation. The biggest threat is debris, in the form of leaves and twigs that clog the gutters and do not allow the rainwater to flow freely. This will cause the water to overflow and pour out over the sides of the gutters, onto your siding, and around the foundation of your home. Climbing up and down on a ladder to clean out your gutters is one of those home chores everyone can do without. Not only is it time consuming, but it can be dangerous.
The Different Types of Gutter Guards
Gutter guards are designed to prevent debris from entering the gutter while still allowing the water to flow into them. There are six basic types to consider if you are thinking to have your local guttering company install gutter guards onto your home:
- Reverse Curve: The reverse curve style directs the water into the gutter through slits, and forces leaves and twigs to continue onto the ground.
- Mesh: A mesh gutter guard is a sheet with small holes that covers the gutter. Attached at the roof, any debris is left on top of the mesh while the water is able to enter the gutter.
- Bottle Brush: This design uses bristles that are facing upright catching any debris, while still allowing water to make its way into the gutter.
- Nylon: This fits directly onto the gutter without having to attach to the roof or any other portion of your home.
- Foam: This is a type of guard that goes inside of the gutter to block any debris from entering.
The Best Gutter Guards for St. Louis
Those that cover the gutter like the reverse curve and mesh gutter guard are best suited for St. Louis homes. With harsh winters ice accumulation is a major concern, and you want a cover that is not obstructing your gutter at all, but that is able to keep other objects from obstructing it as well.
When to Install Gutter Guards
With freezing temperatures just around the corner, now is the time to start thinking about installing gutter guards onto your home. Call your St. Louis gutter company to come out and clean the gutters for you and then talk to them about your gutter guard options. This is an investment that will pay off in the long run. Not only will it decrease the amount of times a year you need to have your gutters cleaned, it will also provide additional protection for your home.
The type of protection gutter guards provide is invaluable. Instead of risking your home to severe weather damage you can improve the function of your existing gutters. Installation is fast, and the gutter guards will not create an eye sore on the interior of your home. Call Scott-Lee Guttering Company at (314) 756-9440 today!